Paladin Music & Entertainment, Inc.
a Chris Lance Production
2008 NJ Family Medieval and Fantasy Festival
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Sunday, June 8, 2008
St. Mark's Concert Field * 59 Spring Lane * Long Valley, NJ * 07853
Portion of the Festival's Proceeds Go To St. Mark's Church Fundraising Committee
Over $10,000.000 in Festival Tickets were Donated!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FESTIVAL
2008 NJ Medieval Festival = A Success! Phew! It was a hot one but we built it ~ and they came! Hundreds of patrons participated. Those who weren't wearing sunblock and hats took advantage of the coolness of the activities tent. Music by the Crimson Celts, belly dancing by the alluring Christina, costume contests, merchants, pillow jousting and more filled the day. Children enjoyed the Castle bounce house, scavenger hunt and a Medieval Murder Mystery! Phoenix Swords, Adrian Empire, and the Long Valley Fencers Group entertained patrons in the fight arena while arrows flew at the archery range. The Paladin Knight selected the Prince and Princress of the Festival. Producer Chris Lance surprised the merchants with a costume contest in which the winner (UB Dragon Ice Cream) received his merchant site fee back! The Festival can be summed up as a Medieval Party for all!
THIS YEAR'S STORY
Our hero, The Paladin Knight, is once again returning to Marcus Templum to partake in the yearly activities of the Festival. This time, he has been invited to judge the costume contest on Saturday and select the Prince and Princess on Sunday. But The Paladin is arriving for another reason as well. Alazar, the village magician who is as bad at magic as he is with people, has requested a secret meeting with The Paladin Knight. Can you find out why?
The NJ Family Medieval & Fantasy Festivals, started in 2001, are host to the ongoing story of The Paladin Knight, a Medieval Fantasy Hero. It is about courage, loyalty, determination, good versus evil and...well...having fun and enjoying life to the fullest! The Festival is appropriate for all ages. This is a festival that has developed a reputation known for its variety in entertainment and education: jousting, sword fighting troupes, LARP Groups, Roman Demonstrations, fantasy characters, SCA & ARMA, contests and quality theatrical productions. The Festival has also developed a reputation of respecting and appreciating its merchants and paying all hired performers in full.
Many thanks again to the Merchants, Performers, Patrons and Fans alike who came out.
Medieval Murder Mystery
The following patrons had the best answers to all four questions:
Carollyn L. of Hackettstown, NJ
Pat L. of Randolph
Olivia & Robert M. of Wharton, NJ
Alex R of Washington, NJ
The answers were:
1. Who is Alazar? He is the local village wizard, a misfit with magic as well as people, and a friend of the Paladin Knight.
2. Why does Alazar want to see The Paladin Knight? He has magically created a potion that will allow the Paladin Kngiht to speak again!
3. Who is the Paladin Knight? He is knight who battles eveil where ever he goes. His neverending quest is to find his long lost love Kayla and defeat his evil nemesis, The Baron.
4. Who killed Alazar and why? The village merchant did it! Alazar's girlfriend, Amanda, took Alazar to see the merchant to try to convince him to sell the potion. Alazar refused. Amanda secretly met with the mechant and promised that she would steal the potion. When she failed, the mechant took matters into his own hands. He left a fake message (clue on the bale of hay) from the Paladin Knight to Alazar to meet by the tent before the festival. The merchant waited and used a knife (another clue by the tent) to kill Alazar. His body parts (partially hidden) were by the bales of hay. During the Festival, the merchant tried to secretly put the body parts into a sack and carry them to the butcher. But some of you saw him!
Good detective work!
Medieval Scavenger Hunt
The following patrons got all seven questions right:
Lisa C. of Long Valley, NJ
Kathleen D. of Hackettstown, NJ
Kathy D. of Rockaway, NJ
Patricia D. of Budd Lake, NJ
John and Tedra K. of Ledgewood, NJ
Carollyn L. of Hackettstown, NJ
Jon L. of Long Valley, NJ
Pat L. of Randolph, NJ
The answers were:
1. How many bales of hay are in the Village? 30
2. Where is the black crow? On top of the schedule board near the fight arena.
3. What is the Flower Girls name? Lilly.
4. Who is the Leader of Phoenix Swords? Phoenix and or his wife!
5. What hat color is the Sorceress dress? Black/white or black (Depending onthe day you attended.)
6. How many red flags are there? 5 (There were burgandy flags that looked very close but weren't red.)
7. Find the Parchment of Lexus from a Merchant. 3 Mechants had the Parchment. The message said: "St. Gregory the Great calls you Paladin Knight!" (<------ Follow the link to see what this means!)
Dragon Eye Contest
The exact number was 838. The closest was Carollynn L. of Hackettstown, NJ who used her wedding anniversay of 828 cam within 10 Dragon Eyes of the actual number!
We are excited to announce in alphabetical order, our list of merchants:
Charles Mallett - Turned Wood: Wands, Fishknockers, Bowls, and more!
Close to My Heart - Original and Custom Scrapbooking.*
Daemetheria, LLC - New and pre-owned Renaissance garb, and accessories, flags, assorted pirate novelties, jewelry, crystals, leather and more!
Faerie Tales - Handcrafted jewelry & accessories and handmade fragrance.
Fairy Lore and More - Wands, bath salt, fairy homes, jewelry, dragon eggs and more!
Pat's Creations - Handmade candles.*
Psychic Consultations by Michele Ranko - Psychic readings, Tarot Cards, etc.
Rabbit In My Hat - Quality Magic and more!*
Silvermane - Roman to Renaissance! Swords, daggers, clothing, leatherwork, and more!*
Starseed Charms - Handcrafted gemstone jewelry, rocks, crystals, custom work on the spot!
T&E Designs - Handpainted Crafts.
Timeless Stone By Design - Handcrafted Marble and Granite Clocks
Trinity Incense - A plethora of incense and more at affordable prices!*
Trish Reynolds - Fantasy and Science Fiction Author.
UB Dragon - Ice Cream! **
Utilikilts - Only real men wear kilts! Utilikilts, belts, t-shirts, socks and boots!
* Winners of our Merchant Contest #1
** Winner of Merchant Costume Contest
Lynn Hardy, Fantasy Author of "Prophecy of the Flame: Love's Dawning" has donated several of her books as prizes for some of the contests! Thanks Lynn!
The NJ Family Medieval and Fantasy Festival is a production of Paladin Music & Entertainment, Inc. Copyright 1999-2008. All rights reserved.
Festival terms and conditions subject to change without notice.